Jaguar XK150 'S' 3.4 Fixed Head Coupe
The Jaguar XK150 was introduced in the spring of 1957, as a replacement for the XK140 and was available as a fixed and drophead coupe. Whilst the 150 was similar in design to the outgoing model it was considerably more refined. A one-piece windscreen replaced the split screen and the wing line no longer dropped as much over the doors. The bonnet was widened, opened down to the wings and on the roadster, the bulkhead was moved back four inches to make the bonnet longer. In the interior, the XK140’s walnut dashboard was replaced by a leather trimmed unit. The launch specification of the XK 150 included SU carburettors, four-speed manual gearbox with overdrive, independent front suspension with wishbones, coil springs, torsion bars and anti-roll bar, rigid rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes. Jaguar increased the engine power outputs and introduced the optional 150 “S” variants, with the 3.4 S developing 250 bhp enabling it to reach 60mph in just over 7 secs and onto a top speed of just over 135 mph.
The Jaguar XK150 ‘S’ 3.4 Fixed Head Coupe offered here at Autostorico is a 1959 registered example finished in Cotswold Blue with Blue leather interior. Spending its early life in the USA before returning to UK shores in 1995. It was then subject to a no expense spared nut and bolt restoration. Works included removing the engine and gearbox and stripping the whole body, before a bare metal respray was carried out. The car was also subject to a full mechanical overhaul including engine, gearbox, and suspension rebuild. Other notable works included overhauling the braking system, re-wire and interior re-trim, along with fitted luggage.
Offered for sale with a current V5 registration document, current MOT certificate with no advisories valid until February 2024 and history file including numerous invoices and other related material.
Viewing strictly by appointment only.View previously sold Jaguars